Unseamly

Unseamly in Boulder is a creative quilting group in Boulder, CO.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Pennie's Series - Discharged Black

Pennie's series is based on the use of discharged black pima cotton in organic patterns and incorporated with hand stitching.

Examples of discharged fabrics





Here is one of the quilts I made entirely with fabric I discharged. The squares and the spiral adhere to the Fibonacci sequence of numbers.




















And here is a recent piece I discharged. I think I will quilt this as a whole piece of cloth rather than cut it up.

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a edge of a solar system; the rocky primordial fragments are coming together in their orbits to form planets. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home